Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a OAMC recipe from Fix, Freeze, Feast. It makes 3 meals 4 servings each.
- 6 lbs boneless skinless, chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring frequently. Cool sauce.
- While sauce cools. Divide chicken evenly between 3 one gallon freezer bags.
- Divide sauce evenly over chicken. Seal and freeze.
- To cook thaw one entree in refrigerator. Prepare grill and cook chicken turning every 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Baste chicken with sauce frequently. Do not baste during the last 5 minutes of grilling.