Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother makes this cake for my husband when we go to visit her. He will eat two or three pieces of this over the course of the evening! It is very rich and moist. Simple to make.
- 1 chocolate cake mix (Dark chocolate is best)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut (Or Pina Colada Mix)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping (Cool Whip, etc)
- Mix cake according to package directions and bake in a 9X13 inch pan.
- As soon as you remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut over the cake.
- Make sure the milk& cream of coconut go down in the holes.
- Refrigerate cake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and spread the can of cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate again for 30 minutes and then spread the carton of whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Wonderful stuff! This is the birthday cake I made for myself this year, and it was fantastic. I used a Pilsbury Devil's Food mix, and lite Cool Whip, and it couldn't have been easier. My aunt and mom agreed on the 5 star rating. This one's a keeper. Thanks bunches Denise!
Awesome results! I had to make this cake over the weekend because I just couldn't get the recipe out of my head. I made it expecting to eat a piece or two and then I would take the rest to work because my husband isn't too much of a chocolate fan and I didn't want to eat the whole thing by myself. Well, needless to say...I can't take the cake to work because my husband and I have been eating the cake all weekend and there is only about half of it left. I figure I'll just pass out the recipe to my co-workers and tell everyone about it :) Great recipe, thanks for sharing!
We LOVED this recipe. Has made it to the "keepers". I was a little concerned about how sweet the dessert might be however, to my surprise the ingredients all worked together very well. This cake is nothing but addictive.