1/2 Photos of Dave's "Special" Black Forest Cake
1 hr 15 mins
My mother makes this cake for my husband when we go to visit her. He will eat two or three pieces of this over the course of the evening! It is very rich and moist. Simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cake according to package directions and bake in a 9X13 inch pan.
- 2As soon as you remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- 3Pour the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut over the cake.
- 4Make sure the milk& cream of coconut go down in the holes.
- 5Refrigerate cake for 20-30 minutes.
- 6Remove cake from refrigerator and spread the can of cherry pie filling on top.
- 7Refrigerate again for 30 minutes and then spread the carton of whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- 8Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's "Special" Black Forest Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate cake mix