Recipe by Denise!
My mother makes this cake for my husband when we go to visit her. He will eat two or three pieces of this over the course of the evening! It is very rich and moist. Simple to make.
Top Review by ReeLani
Wonderful stuff! This is the birthday cake I made for myself this year, and it was fantastic. I used a Pilsbury Devil's Food mix, and lite Cool Whip, and it couldn't have been easier. My aunt and mom agreed on the 5 star rating. This one's a keeper. Thanks bunches Denise!
- 1 chocolate cake mix (Dark chocolate is best)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut (Or Pina Colada Mix)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping (Cool Whip, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake according to package directions and bake in a 9X13 inch pan.
- As soon as you remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut over the cake.
- Make sure the milk& cream of coconut go down in the holes.
- Refrigerate cake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and spread the can of cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate again for 30 minutes and then spread the carton of whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.