Recipe by poscribes
Many in the south consider fried chicken to be comfort food, so one day when my wife was feeling a little down I through together the recipe that now follows. Needless to say it was a big hit!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the chicken and leave to drain on a plate.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and place into a bag.
- Preheat the oil in a large frying pan or wok (that's what I used).
- Introduce chicken pieces to the dry mix ensuring that they get a good covering.
- Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and allow to brown on all sides.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook for about 20-25 mins until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper before serving.