Recipe by Dave Dallas
A traditional chili recipe to start (or never change a thing)! Feel free to add freshly chopped assorted hot peppers, grind your own dried chillis, and chase it all down with mezcal, salt and lime! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely cut
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain.
- Add beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, tomatoes, kidney beans, salt, chili powder, pepper and cumin to crock pot.
- Mix well.
- Cover and simmer on low for 7 to 10 hours.
- Experiment; I love to add various hot peppers from our local market and every once in awhile I have the opportunity to purchase some whole dried Mexican peppers that can be ground into powder and added to the chili. Also check out some of the bison meat websites for an excellent and lean beef alternative!