1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Dave of Tucson's Note:
A quick Simple Chili that turned out delicious. I was hungry for Chili and all of the recipes seemed too complex. I needed a quick dish and got luck with the ingredients - Now I make it all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium brown onion (Chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (Rinsed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (Like Mccormics)
- 3 tablespoons dried mild red chili peppers (Powder in Mexican Section)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Brown Hamburger, Add Minced Garlic and Chopped Onion and cook till Onions are clear.
- 2Add Green Pepper and cook until soft.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients adjusting to suit taste adding water for desired thickness.
- 4Simmer for about an Hour.
- 5I like to serve with Fritos.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's Quick Chili
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck
dried mild red chili peppers