Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A quick Simple Chili that turned out delicious. I was hungry for Chili and all of the recipes seemed too complex. I needed a quick dish and got luck with the ingredients - Now I make it all the time.
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium brown onion (Chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (Rinsed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (Like Mccormics)
- 3 tablespoons dried mild red chili peppers (Powder in Mexican Section)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown Hamburger, Add Minced Garlic and Chopped Onion and cook till Onions are clear.
- Add Green Pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients adjusting to suit taste adding water for desired thickness.
- Simmer for about an Hour.
- I like to serve with Fritos.
I have no problem making large batches of chili even though much of the time there are only the 2 of us ~ I just freeze a lot of it in 2-to-4 serving containers & go on from there! Followed your ingredient list right on down, but did cut back on the amount of chili powder & the dried red chili pepper ~ I like a little kick, with the emphasis on LITTLE! Still, we found your chili full of flavor & very nicely satisfying! Many thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]