This turned out to be a bit of a project. I didn't read the part about the Kitchen Aid restriction until I got there (D'oh) so I just lowered the speed and hoped for the best. Clearly, my result seems to prove that it needs to be done at the recommended speed. The bread that I ended up with didn't rise as much as I would have liked and had a very dense heavy texture. I don't fault the recipe in any way but instead it was my own lack reading the entire recipe before beginning. Hopefully this has taught me to be a better recipe reader. I'm sure that if you have a mixer brand that will operate as required you will have a lovely bread. Made for Pic A Chef, Spring 2013.