Recipe by xDAVEx
This is my favorite. I don't really like clam chowder, but I love this soup! Its well balanced and is great with a little hot sauce and some Saltines. Please try it and rate it.
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 medium onions
- 3 stalks of finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 quart stock pot, cook bacon until crispy, remove bacon and drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- add onion and celery to bacon drippings in pot, cook until tender.
- stir in white wine, clam juice, potatoes, bullion, thyme (optional), black pepper, and red pepper (optional).
- Bring to boil: reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together milk, whipping cream, and flour.
- Add to pot and stir until slightly thickened.
- Stir in clams, 3/4 cup cheese, and bacon.
- stir and heat for a few more minutes or until heated through.