Recipe by The Boring Chef
A very healthy and spicy version, it gets it's heat from the chipotle peppers so if you want it a little hotter just add some more peppers! The first time I made it I used a whole can! While I really enjoy it, my friends were literally sweating!
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced (7 oz can, use some of the sauce also!)
- 226.79 g can diced tomatoes (I prefer using a 16oz can stewed tomatoes)
- 2 (822.13 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- cheese (Colby, pepper jack or mozzarella all work great) (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
- 709.77 ml short grain white rice (I like rice in all my soups, plus if you make it hotter this will help with the heat!)
Directions See How It's Made
- First get some rice cooking if your using some, just follow directions on the package or use a rice cooker like me.
- 1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for three minutes, until the chicken is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- 2. Add oregano and stir to coat the chicken. Stir in the minced chipotles, tomatoes, broth and corn. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 3. To serve place rice in bowl. Ladle soup on top and add cilantro and chips and any other toppings you desire.