The Boring Chef's Note:
A very healthy and spicy version, it gets it's heat from the chipotle peppers so if you want it a little hotter just add some more peppers! The first time I made it I used a whole can! While I really enjoy it, my friends were literally sweating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced (7 oz can, use some of the sauce also!)
- 226.79 g can diced tomatoes (I prefer using a 16oz can stewed tomatoes)
- 2 (822.13 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 1First get some rice cooking if your using some, just follow directions on the package or use a rice cooker like me.
- 21. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for three minutes, until the chicken is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- 32. Add oregano and stir to coat the chicken. Stir in the minced chipotles, tomatoes, broth and corn. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 43. To serve place rice in bowl. Ladle soup on top and add cilantro and chips and any other toppings you desire.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's Favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 270.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 41.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo