Recipe by puppitypup
My husband came up with this quick, healthy and tasty one dish dinner. I can't handle spicy foods, so we have tuned down the cajun seasonings, but feel free to add more if you like. You can also use beef or pork kielbasa if you prefer.
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 3⁄4-2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the kielbasa in half lengthwise and then in 1/2" pieces.
- Combine all ingredients except the peas in a medium pot, adjusting the amount of water to the directions listed on your rice package.
- Cook uncovered on high until it comes to a boil. Then turn down to low and cook for 20 minutes or per your rice package directions.
- Remove from heat and add frozen peas. Mix peas in by fluffing rice with a large fork. Replace lid and let sit for a few minutes until the peas are just warm.