Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everyone loves onion rings -- So why not have a crispy, savory alter-ego with breakfast/brunch?
- 6 -12 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 -2 quart vegetable oil
- 1 cup pancake batter (the just add water kind)
- Tie the strips of un-cooked bacon into rings.
- Dredge the tied rings in the flower.
- Dip rings into a thick pancake batter. Follow the directions on the box, but use 1/4 less water.
- Lower each ring into the hot oil with a fork.
- Flip once, when golden -- remove. Remember; fried foods turn 3 shades darker once you pull them out of the oil!
- Dip in pure maple syrup or butter and then syrup! YUM!