Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My boss came to work armed with this for morning tea. Huge hit! The entire team was asking him for the recipe and the pudding itself was consumed very quickly.
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 apple, Granny Smith preferred
- 8 -12 slices white bread
- sultana, to taste
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 600 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel and slice the green apple.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the brown sugar.
- Add the apple slices and allow to cook until the apple is just starting to soften.Remove from heat.
- Use a loaf tin and pour first the sugar syrup and then the apples into the bottom of the dish.
- Butter and then decrust the bread and cover the syrup/apple layer with a single layer of bread.
- Scatter a handful of sultanas on top of the bread layer.
- Repeat the bread and sultana layers until the top of the dish is reached.
- Combine 2-3 eggs plus caster sugar and cream in a separate bowl. Mix well and then pour over the top of the pudding. Let it soak in for at least 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, tip the pudding out onto a plate.
- Serve with fresh cream.