Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful barbecue sauce! Get all of your ingredients measured out and ready for you. That way, it only takes a couple of minutes to make your recipe. This is a great sauce for any kind of meat or even fish. It's great on everything. I use this for my barbecued beans, delish! The amount is approximate. Hoisin sauce should be in the Oriental section of your supermarket. It's kind of like ketchep in Asian cooking. Chili sauce should be near the ketchup. It isn't "hot" even though it says "chili" sauce. Heinz is the best, but any will do.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (may use lite sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce (found near the ketchup)
- 1⁄2 cup peach jam or 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend thoroughly until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Place in a saucepan and bring to just a boil.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator.
This was good, albeit sweet, sauce. I think I'd cut back on the brown sugar or orange marmalade next time (or both). My husband (another Dave) said he'd like it spicier, although I had separated a portion of the sauce for him and added cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. It's a good base but it will need some changes for my household. Made for Zaar Name Game Challenge 2008.
This Sauce was so awsome i had to smack my mom after i made ribs with it. I Can't wait to put it on everything in sight! I Followed The recipe to the letter and got rave reviews from my picky rug rats And Wife!