Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The ginger in this recipe gives this recipe a little Zing without being too Hot. I found the original recipe in the Kokomo Tribune in 1983 and made some modifications to it.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- FOR Spare Ribs:.
- Season ribs then brown ribs on grill ( about 10 minutes per side) then bake on a rack in a covered pan at 350F for 90 minutes. Return Ribs to grill ( wood chips add a nice smoke flavor) to dry them (about 10 minutes on a low gas grill). After the Ribs are dry dip each rib in the sauce shake off excess than place on the grill.
- Let meat stay on the grill about 5 to 10 minutes with the burners off to set the sauce.
- This recipe covers 1 spare rib rack.
- For Chicken;.
- Grill chicken until done. Dip in sauce, shaking off excess. Place back on covered grill turning off burners for about 5 to 10 minutes to set sauce.
- This recipe covers 2 whole chickens.