1/1 Photo of Dave's 15 Degree Chili
2 hrs 45 mins
This Chili is my husband's specialty and is a HUGE event at our house. People and pets start roaming around the kitchen when they see Papa pull out the chopping block and peppers! It's very thick and hearty and the vegetables and peppers add a special flavor that is missing in a lot of chili. Definitely has a little kick to it - but you can serve it to the kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1 fresh habanero pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can seasoned black beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- chili seasoning mix (for 2 pounds of beef)
- 1 bottle beer
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Chop the peppers and onions and place in a large soup pot.
- 2Add the remaining spices, beans, tomato sauce& paste, and the beer.
- 3Stir well and let rest.
- 4Brown the ground round in a large skillet and add to the soup pot.
- 5Stir well and simmer on low to medium heat for 1-2 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dave's 15 Degree Chili
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g