Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Dave and Buster's. Let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt, for water
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces aged white cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash potatoes and bring to a boil in salted water. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Drain potatoes well. Place back in pot or in a mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, cream, teaspoon of salt, pepper and garlic butter.
- Beat until smooth with a whisk or potato masher.
- Garlic Butter:
- Sauté minced garlic in oil for approximately 2 minutes until softened.
- Mix with room temp butter and chopped fresh parsley.
My family enjoyed these potatoes tonight. The flavor was not overpowering, but was detectable. I purchased garlic butter from the dairy case to eliminate a step and it worked out great.