Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is my daughter's recipe. She makes the best Banana Bread that I have ever had. It is so moist and it has wonderful banana flavor because she uses bananas that are almost gone by--never uses normal ones. That is why her bread is so good. Also, all her ingredients are at room temperature before she mixes it.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 1⁄3 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, soda, and powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes the butter, and sugar.
- Beat in the flour mixture till blended and is the consistency of brown sugar.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in the bananas and nuts till combined.
- Put into a greased and floured bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool pan on rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Take out and cool on rack.