1/3 Photos of Daube De Boeuf
3 hrs 30 mins
posted by request,from fine cooking 3/07
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, sliced into pieces
- 8 -10 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 4 slices orange zest
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1heat oven to 325f.
- 2in a dutch oven heat oil and bacon, stirring until bacon is browned, remove to a plate.
- 3season beef with salt and pepper and cook in batches until browned on all sides, remove to plate.
- 4drain all but 1 tbs of drippings and add shallots, season with salt and pepper, cook until softened.
- 5add cognac and boil down.
- 6add tomato paste, garlic, herbes, stirring.
- 7add wine and liquid from tomatoes, bring to a boil. crush tomatoes by hand and add to pot, stirring.
- 8add zest and bacon to pot, add beef and carrots.
- 9lower to simmer, cover, and place in oven.
- 10cook 2-3 hours until beef is tender, stirring every 45 minutes.
- 11add parsley, serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daube De Boeuf
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1696.1
- Calories from Fat 1506
- Total Fat 167.3 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 227.2 mg
- Sodium 142.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence