Dau Hu Kho Gung Braised Tofu With Ginger
- The pork should be 70% lean.
- The Scallions should have the root ends trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch long pieces and be halved lengthwise.
- Heat oil in clap pot over medium heat [use heavy bottomed pot if not clay] Stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the pork and stir fry. It should separate into pieces and be just cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the chili sauce, scallions, tofu and fish sauce. Mix carefully so you don't break up the tofu too much. It should be well mix.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for about another 10 minutes or until the flavors blend.
- Serve with rice.