Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a nice candy to have around during the Iftar time of Ramadan days. Enjoy!
- 200 g dates
- 25 g sesame seeds
- flour, as required (maida)
- oil, as required
- 1 tablespoon butter
- almonds, as required
- pistachios, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the seeds from the dates.
- Add butter to the dates and using your hands, crush the dates as much as possible, until it becomes paste-like.
- Now, make small round balls out of this mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoons of hot oil to the flour to make the dough crispy.
- Mix well.
- Add water, as required, and knead well to make the dough.
- Now, carefully make rectangular leaves/covers of the dough.
- Fill these covers with the dates paste, almonds and pistachios.
- Twist the covers to give the shapes of toffee.
- Dip the toffee in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the toffees' in the hot oil.
- Drain excess oil on clean paper towels and serve.