Recipe by Maybelle Minton
Wonderful with Champagne! Use Medjool dates with their sweet, rich and thick flesh. They are the best for stuffing!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 24 large dates, preferable Medjool
- 1⁄4 lb soft fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking dish just large enough to hold the dates in a single layer.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until the bread crumbs are evenly golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, transfer the bread crumbs to a plate and let cool.
- With a small knife, make a small lengthtwise incision in each date. Carefully remove the pits. Stuff 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese into the cavity. Arrange the dates, with goat cheese side facing upward, in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the top. (The dates can be prepared up to this point up to 24 hous in advance. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.).
- Bake the dates until warmed through, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
- Serves 6.