Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These little tapas are so simple, yet the flavor combo is such a complex mouthful! Sweet, smoky, delicious...
- 30 small deglet noor dates
- 1⁄4 lb spanish chorizo (NOT Mexican chorizo!!!)
- 1⁄4 lb semifirm spanish goat's milk cheese, preferably cabra al vino
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut a lengthwise slit in each date, from the top to the bottom, and remove the pit.
- Pull off the casing from the chorizo. Cut the chorizo and cheese each into 30 thin strips that will fit inside the dates.
- Insert a strip of chorizo and a strip of cheese into each date and press the slit closed.
- Arrange the dates on a serving platter. The platter can be covered and left at room temperature for several hours before serving.
- Serve the appetizers with or without toothpicks.