Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Date-maki is a sweet rolled omelette and is one of the foods that is served on Japanese New Year. It is easy to prepare by using egg and ground fish meat. The soft fish cake is known as hanpen.
- Put hanpen fish cake in blender and chop well.
- Add sugar, salt, soy sauce, and eggs and stir well.
- Pour the egg mixture into a flat baking pan which is slightly oiled.
- Put the pan in 250°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the omelet out from the pan when it's still hot.
- Put the omelet on top of a bamboo mat and roll it.
- Leave it until cools.
- Remove the bamboo mat and cut the omelet into half inch slices.