Date With an Angel Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.(tips curl) -- slowly add sugar, 2 tbsps at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. (tips stand straight) and sugar is almost dissolved.
- Gently stir in flour, dates and nuts.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonsful 2" apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.