Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Cooking Light Magazine recipe. Serve with crackers, bread or veggies. Prep time does not include overnight chill time.
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fat-free buttermilk
- 5 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat)
- 3 tablespoons medjool dates, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add dates, shallots, lemon rind, salt and pepper, beat at medium speed until well blended, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball; using a rubber spatula. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap; chill overnight.
- Combine parsley and walnuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap cheese ball; gently roll ball in nut mixture, coating well. Place on a serving plate. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Oh my gosh this was delicious! I loved the contrast of sweet and salty. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff team.