Recipe by Manderava
A delicious, healthful vegan muffin that is crisp and golden on top, dense on and hearty on the inside, and all around addictive. The recipe is a recreation of my favourite muffins from a terrific vegan cafe in Toronto. Other tasty flavour combinations include: pear & walnut, apple & cranberries, or whatever else may tickle your fancy.
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 236.59 ml sunflower oil
Add to the wet ingredients
- 177.44 ml unbleached cane sugar
- 236.59 ml chopped dates
- 709.77 ml spelt flour
- 414.03 ml oats
- 14.79 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml cooked sweet potatoes, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the wet ingredients (mashed bananas and sunflower oil) in a bowl. Add the cane sugar and chopped dates. Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for about 18 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- It's normal for these to appear crispy and golden on top. That does not mean they are overcooked. The crispy top is part of what makes them so delicious!