1/1 Photo of Date Sweet Potato Spelt Muffins (Vegan)
A delicious, healthful vegan muffin that is crisp and golden on top, dense on and hearty on the inside, and all around addictive. The recipe is a recreation of my favourite muffins from a terrific vegan cafe in Toronto. Other tasty flavour combinations include: pear & walnut, apple & cranberries, or whatever else may tickle your fancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sunflower oil
Add to the wet ingredients
- 3/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Combine the wet ingredients (mashed bananas and sunflower oil) in a bowl. Add the cane sugar and chopped dates. Set aside.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients.
- 4Bake at 375 for about 18 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5It's normal for these to appear crispy and golden on top. That does not mean they are overcooked. The crispy top is part of what makes them so delicious!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Sweet Potato Spelt Muffins (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: