Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A lovely addition to any holiday cookie tray!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups dates, pitted and finely chopped (be very careful!)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Cream the butter; add the sugar gradually and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs; then add water and flour, beating until smooth.
- Add nuts and dates.
- Turn into two 8"x8"x2" greased pans, spreading the dough out very thin.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 1"x2" strips.
- Remove from pan and dust with powdered sugar.