- 1 lb chopped dates (2 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (do not use oil or they will be very crumbly)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon non-alcohol vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Mix and cook filling ingredients over low heat until semi thick.
- Mix all dough ingredients together and press ¾ of mixture into bottom of greased 9x9inch pan.
- Spread the filling over top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dough mixture over filling.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden (approx. 25 minutes).
- Cool & cut into squares.