Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another old fashioned fave!
Make and share this Date Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Mix and sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in brown sugar. Work in butter with fingertips until well blended. Lightly stir in rolled oats.
- Press half of the mixture into bottom of a buttered 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking pan.
- Simmer dates, water and sugar in a saucepan about 35 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir occasionally. Add vanilla.
- Pour over mixture in baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining curmb mixture. Bake in oven at 300 f for 30 minutes. Cool. Cut into squares. Makes forty 1 1/2 inch squares.
- NOTE: 1 1/4 hours time allocated includes prep time.
I cut the recipe by about 2/3 to make a small amount since I don't like date squares but hubby does. All I can say if I LOVE this recipe LOL Hubby is very very happy LOL Made for PAC Fall 2009