Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals, how good is this! Yummo!
- 1 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart milk
- 4 cups French vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- For each date shake, place 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted dates in a blender. Add 1 cup cold milk and 1 cup(about 2 large scoops) French vanilla ice cream.
- Grate 1/4 teaspoon of fresh nutmeg into blender and blend date shake until smooth. Enjoy!
VERY YUMMY shake! This was soooo much better than the ones I've had in Indio, CA...theirs are almost sickenly sweet to where you can only drink a few sips. This was not too sweet and it had pleasant chewy date surprises through out...and don't skip the "fresh" grated nutmeg...it really makes the shake! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
The dates make this special. They are sweet and add almost a caramely flavor to the shake. Nice change from berry and chocolate shakes.