Recipe by sucker for sweets
love it. we get the best dates around where I live and this is soo easy. Its also thick, creamy,and satisfying surprisingly light my own creation try using some good dates not the cheap sticky, not so good ones
Top Review by UmmBinat
Love this. I used homemade almond milk to be dairy free and date molasses as that is what I had on hand. I even gave a taste to DD2 (4 months). DD1 (4 years) and I will make this again for energy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the dates quite finely, until sticky. I recommend: First halve, and then mince all the dates. Then, run your knife through them until they are almost like a paste.
- Put them in your hand blender, blender, or smoothie maker.
- Add in the about half the milk and mix until combined. Don't worry, the dates won't stick to the bottom!
- Add in a few (3) of the ice cubes, and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ice cubes in small increments, along with some of the milk.