Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are good for a low point treat as they are only 2points each if you are following a Weight Watcher plan. Just remember to include points for anything you may spread on them. I like them fresh from the oven 'as is' :)
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 150 ml nonfat milk
- 165 ml diet lemonade
- 80 g dates (chopped) or 80 g sultanas
- Add dates to flour in a bowl.
- Pour in liquids and mix with a knife.
- Tip out onto a floured board and pat out to a square about 2cm thick.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place on a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Bake at 180'C for 15 mins or until they sound hollow when tapped with your finger and are just browned on top.
just made these - and they are great for a low fat treat! I love date scones but since joining weight watchers in Jan have avoided baking. Now i can make these for me and other more fattening things for hubby and kids and not feel as if i'm missing out! THANKS
These deserve the 5* for ease of making and being low in fat and sugar. A great "allowable" treat for me with a hot cuppa on a cold winters afternoon :) Thanks Jo :)