Recipe by Seasoned Cook
DELICIOUS!! I have made this recipe for 30 years and it is my DH's favorite of all my dozens of goodies! They can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or coconut on top. I use Splenda in the recipe to cut down on sugar calories. An easy and quick preparation.
Top Review by Amy H.
LOVE this recipe. I did not add the coconut but I do think that would taste great. I used walnuts and added a some craisins for holiday color. EVERYONE loved them. I will make them for many events in the future. So good!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- additional shredded coconut
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, dates and brown sugar (or Splenda) in saucepan. Cook over LOW heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove and add vanilla, nuts, coconut and rice cereal. Stir until well blended.
- Press down hard into a buttered 9 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle top with additional coconut and lightly press inches (or use optional method of cutting and roll into logs and roll in powdered sugar without coconut).
- When cool cut in strips or squares.