Recipe by chia
This is a recipe from Sue Eberly of PA and is sure to please.
Top Review by KMOM14
My Mom and Grandmother used to make date pudding for special occassions and I did not get the family recipe before they passed, so I went in search of one that I could make (I have never tried to make date pudding before). This was deliciously gooey, yummy and easy to make. This recipe is even better than the family recipe as it is much more gooey than any I have ever had before. This best serve warm with a large dollop of whipped cream on the top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup brown sugar, water, and bring to a boil, cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 cup sugar.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Add dates and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour syrup into a 8 or 9-inch baking pan; add batter and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.