Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
really good muffin for breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup dried dates
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- in a large mixing bowl,mix eggs,pineapple,with undrained juice,apple butter,oil,sugar,vanilla,dates,raisons,.
- oatmeals,cinnamon,and salt.
- Then fold in flour,baking powder,baking soda and nuts if you used them.
- Mix with wooden spoon until combined well.
- grease muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of batter into standard muffin pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- depending on your batter scoops you should get about 24-32 muffins.
I wasn't as satisfied with these muffins as might be; they didn't rise well at all. I prefer high-topped, risen muffins. However, they taste wonderful, which helps make up for it.
These are great muffins. No one flavor overpowers them - just a moist, pleasantly sweet muffin. Only change I made was using a whole fresh pineapple that I ran through the food processor instead of canned. Definitely going into the recipe file!
My son loves these muffins! He had not finished the first bite when he claimed them all for himself. That is a whole lot of muffins - I got 32 muffins out of this recipe!! I did not read the servings before making so some will be going in the freezer. Very moist - they don't need anything else!