Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my mother-in-law. These are my husband's absolute favourite!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 cups dates (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Crust: Blend crust ingredients together until dough is smooth in consistency.
- Press into small muffin tins, ensuring that the dough goes up the sides so that the pies can be filled.
- Bake at 350F until light brown.
- Filling: Place filling ingredients in a saucepan- cook over medium heat until ingredients are well blended and have come to a boil.
- Fill shells and ice with maple-flavoured icing (optional).