Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are great cookies - and they keep great too.
Make and share this Date-Pecan Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter with sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour and spices.
- Add pecans and dates and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into walnut-size balls.
- Transfer to wax paper lined tray.
- Freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Arrange cookies, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Roll in icing sugar.
- Let cool slightly.
- Roll in icing sugar again.
- Store in airtight container.
Simply exquisite flavor in these cookies--made them today for Thanksgiving (tomorrow.) Some friends stopped by and I ended up serving about 1/3 of them! They are wonderful--I love the taste of the cloves and nutmeg, and I am already a date fan. Really wonderful (and I made these in my food processor!)