1/1 Photo of Date Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
This is a beautiful bread pudding perrrrrrrfect for the holidays :-) Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces panettone, sliced into triangles
- 1/3 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- grated nutmeg
- 1First take out a baking dish (4-cup baking dish) and heavily butter it.
- 2Then, arrange half of your panettone triangles in the dish overlapping them a bit.
- 3Scatter 1/2 of your nuts over the panettone and then evenly scatter your chopped dates.
- 4Then, place another layer of the panettone on top, overlapping them a bit.
- 5Heat your butter, milk, cream, and vanilla in a small saucepan just until simmering, remove from heat.
- 6Put the egg, maple syrup and honey in a large bowl and add freshly grated nutmeg.
- 7Next, whisk in the hot milk, making sure to whisk vigorously so as to keep the egg from cooking.
- 8At this point you will want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- 9Pour your milk-egg mixture over the panettone layers, and lightly press down on the bread so that it is fully submerged in the liquid.
- 10Leave the panettone pudding aside for about 15-20 minutes to allow everything to soak up nicely.
- 11Take the rest of your pecans and sprinkle just a bit of water over them (JUST A BIT).
- 12Toss them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture, and toss them over the pudding.
- 13Sprinkle the leftover cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the dish (there wont be much).
- 14Grate a small amount of nutmeg over as well.
- 15Bake in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until it has risen and has a beautiful golden color.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.9
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 75.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: