Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich, moist cake that makes an elegant dessert.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, plus additional for layering
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Combine eggs, sugar, dates, walnuts, baking powder and flour.
- Mix well.
- Spread in a 9x9-inch baking pan and bake 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Crumble into dessert dishes and layer with additional walnuts and whipped cream.