Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe that my wonderful mom made every year for the holidays. I remember a long object rolled up in a kitchen towel, hanging from the clothes line, and this year I found out it was the date nut roll, hung out to dry. I guess it's part of the process. So this year mom came for Thanksgiving and I documented the recipe, of course adjusting for those without a closeline.
- Mix the sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Boil gently until mixture reaches 240 degrees.
- Take off the heat, and add rest of ingredients, stir well.
- The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Pour onto dampened cloth or waxed paper forming a log.
- Allow to cool or refrigerate.
- If desired, coat with chopped nuts or powdered sugar and slice.