Fancy Nance's Note:
Another recipe that my wonderful mom made every year for the holidays. I remember a long object rolled up in a kitchen towel, hanging from the clothes line, and this year I found out it was the date nut roll, hung out to dry. I guess it's part of the process. So this year mom came for Thanksgiving and I documented the recipe, of course adjusting for those without a closeline.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- 2Boil gently until mixture reaches 240 degrees.
- 3Take off the heat, and add rest of ingredients, stir well.
- 4The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- 5Pour onto dampened cloth or waxed paper forming a log.
- 6Allow to cool or refrigerate.
- 7If desired, coat with chopped nuts or powdered sugar and slice.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Nut Roll
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 27.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g