Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You could use prunes instead of dates in this aswell.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted shortening or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Add milk to All Bran and let soak 5 minutes.
- Add slightly beaten egg, oil, and sugar.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to first mixture.
- Fold in dates and nuts.
- Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Excellent! My family loved them. I substituted 1/2 cup of flour for whole wheat flour and 2 Tbsp of oil for applesauce.