Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe uses ground up oatmeal to get in whole grains and soluble fiber but still maintain a lovely light texture and sweetness. Feel free to mix up the fruit and nuts, but the date-apricot-almond combo is quite luscious.
- 314.66 ml oats
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml wheat germ
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml pineapple juice
- 78.07 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 118.29 ml almonds
- 118.29 ml dates
- 3 dried apricots
- Put oatmeal into a blender or food processor and blend until it is the texture of coarse flour.
- Combine it with the other dry ingredients (all purpose flour through baking powder) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (egg through water) with a whisk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredient mixture, stirring until barely combine.
- Finely chop the almonds, dates, and apricots, and fold into the dough.
- Bake in a greased muffin tin for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Made a double batch of these for my other half to take to a weekly meeting he attends, & they were a big hit! A big hit here, too, 'cause I set aside 4 of them just for the 2 of us at home! Another time, though, & the batch stays right here ~ Really liked the combo of fruits & nuts in these muffins! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]