Recipe by Bobbiann
A nice, nutty granola with oats, barley flakes (check your health food store), almonds and dates. Sweetened with honey.
- 4 cups quick oats or 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups rolled barley (flakes)
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine oats, barley flakes and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine oil, honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture; stir well. Pour into large baking pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes. Stir in dates while mixture is still hot. Cool. Store tightly covered.