Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Kraft, a great dip for fruit or spread on toast or bagels. I'm not keen on almond essence so used coconut when I made this, I served it on bagels for brekky, yummo!
- 250 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 drop almond essence (or flavoured essence of your choice)
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth, blend in milk.
- Add dates, almonds, cinnamon and almond essence, mix well & chill.
- Serve with cracker biscuits or fresh fruit as a dip or use as a spread on bagels, mmm yum!
This was just wonderful! I halved the recipe but it was plenty since I'm the only one who would eat it due to the dates and almonds. I used it for fruit but I am going to put some on my bagel tomorrow. Delish! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Yum! I used neufchatel cheese(1/3 less fat). No almond extract(I was sure I had some!). Loved it! Thanks Mandy! Made for ZWT4-Fancy Feinschmeckers!
This was SO good!!! WOW!!! I just made a small amount for myself, so I didn't even measure anything. Just stirred everything together, and didn't need any milk added. Really, really good!!! Thanks so much! Made for the ZWT4