Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". The cookbook is from Vicksburg, MS. Excellent sandwich recipe!
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- brown bread or celery, pieces
- Mix chicken, dates, pecans, 1/2 cup bacon, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Spread on brown bread, trim crusts, and cut into desired shapes, or spoon into celery pieces.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup bacon on top.