Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Wonderful Date bread that also makes a nice fruit cake that is not overpowering in taste. It does solves both cravings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package dates
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- cooking spray
- 1 (32 ounce) package mixed candied fruit
- 8 ounces candied cherries
- Cut dates and soak in boiling water about 15 minutes.
- Do not use a miker - put all ingredients into bowl, add dates and water.
- Mix thouroughly,.
- Spray pans with cooking spray. This can also be make as cupcakes(do not spray).
- Fill pans 1/3 full or cupcakes a little over half.
- Bake at 350 until bread will bounce back from touch. About 35 minutes.
- If cupcakes about 15 - 18 minutes.
- 2 Breads, or 2 dz. cupcakes.
- Fruit Cakes.
- Double date bread mix and add Fruit Cake Mix, top with Cherries.
- Bake as Date Break or cupcakes.
- 4 Breads, or 4 dz cupcakes.