Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a moist bread. I serve it as a desert! My daughter does not like raisins so I have made this bread increasing the dates to 12 oz and eliminating the raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine dates, nuts and raisins; sprinkle with baking soda.
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over all of this.
- Cover the bowl and set aside while mixing remaining ingredients.
- In another bowl, with a pastry blender, mix the flours, sugar, Splenda, baking powder, egg and egg white.
- Combine the date mixture with the flour mixture, mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
Awesome & Easy recipe!!!! Left out the Splenda ( I didn't have any) but didn't increase the sugar.. Came out perfect.
As all have said, this is delicious. I reduced the sugar, eliminated the raisins, and increased the dates. A good recipe to double and freeze a loaf.
This is the best date nut bread recipe I've found after trying several, I also make an all Splenda loaf for my diabetic father.