1 hr 25 mins
Chef #880889's Note:
This is a dark, moist date nut bread like Thomas's or Dromedary --with the deep flavor or molasses! Healthy too--low fat and increased fiber. Don't use the packaged chopped dates as they contain added sugar. You can also make the loaf with white flour only. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and butter a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- 2In a bowl, pour hot water over dates and butter.
- 3Stir and let the mix stand until lukewarm.
- 4In a food processor, puree 1/3 of the date mixture to make a paste.
- 5Stir paste back into date bowl mixture.
- 6Add brown sugar, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- 7Mix until combined.
- 8In another bowl, sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- 9Add whole wheat flour and mix well.
- 10Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the date mixture.
- 11Stir until well combined.
- 12Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 13Bake for 50-60 minutes until loaf top has risen.
- 14Remove bread from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before turning out.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 290.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g