1/1 Photo of Date Nut Balls or Pie Crust!
Roll into balls or make into a pie crust! Recipe courtesy of Everyday Wholesome Eating...in the Raw by Kim Wilson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind pecans, walnuts, and dates in a food processor until well chopped and blended. Add honey and continue to process until the mix forms a ball. Be careful not to overprocess.
- 2Pie Crust:.
- 3Press into bottom and sides of a pie pan before adding filling. Reserve some of the mix to crumble on top of finished pie. Fresh fruit makes a great filling, also a yogurt or tofu "cheesecake" is yummy!
- 5Use as is or add 1 teaspoons cinnamon and/or 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg or 1 tbls. carob powder or 1-2 tbls. orange zest.
- 6Roll the dough into balls, then in flaked coconut, ground nuts or carob powder. Have fun and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Nut Balls or Pie Crust!
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.1
- Calories from Fat 465
- Total Fat 51.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 56.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g