Recipe by Sharon123
Roll into balls or make into a pie crust! Recipe courtesy of Everyday Wholesome Eating...in the Raw by Kim Wilson.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh wow, these are sooooo very yummy! Ive made many raw nut fruit truffles, but these really are the best so far. Simple, but stellar! I LOVE the texture and taste! YUM!<br/>I used a mix of powerfruit berries instead of dates and felt the balls were sweet enough with just the fruit, so I left out the honey.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Sharon!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #59 June 2013.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup honey, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind pecans, walnuts, and dates in a food processor until well chopped and blended. Add honey and continue to process until the mix forms a ball. Be careful not to overprocess.
- Pie Crust:.
- Press into bottom and sides of a pie pan before adding filling. Reserve some of the mix to crumble on top of finished pie. Fresh fruit makes a great filling, also a yogurt or tofu "cheesecake" is yummy!
- Use as is or add 1 teaspoons cinnamon and/or 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg or 1 tbls. carob powder or 1-2 tbls. orange zest.
- Roll the dough into balls, then in flaked coconut, ground nuts or carob powder. Have fun and enjoy!