Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Roll into balls or make into a pie crust! Recipe courtesy of Everyday Wholesome Eating...in the Raw by Kim Wilson.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup honey, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Grind pecans, walnuts, and dates in a food processor until well chopped and blended. Add honey and continue to process until the mix forms a ball. Be careful not to overprocess.
- Pie Crust:.
- Press into bottom and sides of a pie pan before adding filling. Reserve some of the mix to crumble on top of finished pie. Fresh fruit makes a great filling, also a yogurt or tofu "cheesecake" is yummy!
- Use as is or add 1 teaspoons cinnamon and/or 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg or 1 tbls. carob powder or 1-2 tbls. orange zest.
- Roll the dough into balls, then in flaked coconut, ground nuts or carob powder. Have fun and enjoy!
Oh wow, these are sooooo very yummy! Ive made many raw nut fruit truffles, but these really are the best so far. Simple, but stellar! I LOVE the texture and taste! YUM!<br/>I used a mix of powerfruit berries instead of dates and felt the balls were sweet enough with just the fruit, so I left out the honey.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Sharon!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #59 June 2013.
Tasty sweet treats which are great to be made raw. I actually only used walnuts as that is what I had on hand, soft Parnoosh dates (recently found they are not raw as they contain added honey!), raw, organic, local honey & the sea salt. I made a small batch in my spice mill/coffee grinder. Made into little balls and rolled them in carob powder which I enjoyed. Made for Veggie Swap 38 ~ September ~